2017 Chili For Children
Benefiting the Warren County Children’s Shelter
Saturday, January 28th
11-3 outside of Lady Luck Arena
The Chili for Children Cook Off is a fund raiser for Warren County Children’s Shelter brought to you by The Radio People and sponsored by Lady Luck Casino!
Reminders for Chili Cookers:
Check in between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning, January 28th. Team captain needs to report to Radio Station table at 9am for meeting.
Set up and start cooking.
Judging will start at noon. Each team will be responsible for bringing their chili samples to The Radio People table at your designated time. Please appoint someone to be in charge of this. If you are not there at your designated time, you will be disqualified.
Turn in People’s Choice tickets to The Radio People table no later than 2:15 p.m. Please appoint someone to be in charge of this. If your tickets are not turned in by 2:15, you will be disqualified from this event.
Be prepared for any kind of weather!
Suggestions and Reminders
• Bring all of your chili ingredients, including any added garnishments you choose to provide. Be prepared to produce at least 8 gallons of chili. There will be lots of people who want to have a taste of your wonderful chili. Remember, they are sampling your chili, along with lots of others, so don’t go overboard when you put chili in their cup. If they want more, you can always give them more
• Tent(s) and Table(s) for your area.
• Decorations so you can look “COOL” and possibly win “Best Decorated Booth.”
• Cooking system for your chili and necessary equipment to keep it hot.
• All utensils needed for cooking and serving your delicious chili, except bowls. We provide serving cups, not spoons or napkins.
• Rubber Gloves since washing stations are limited and some distance away.
• Paper towels and towels for spills and cleanup.
Chili will be judged on the following criteria….
Aroma, Color, Consistency, Flavor and Aftertaste
Please remember that the ultimate goal is to support the Warren County Children’s Shelter. Competition is fun and winning is great, but remember the ultimate winner for the day should be the underprivileged children that need our help and support, right here in our very own community.